long johns in exile

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Day 1, Errands and Friends

Dear S:

Today I went out with my mother on some errands. Throughout my life, she has consistently driven way below the speed limit out of fear. I used to give her a really hard time for that. Today I realized that her age has finally caught up with her paranoia, and I couldn't fault her for her driving. She's starting to get gray hair.

Later on, I met up with four old friends from high school that I haven't hung out with for 5 years . One of them is going to nursing school, and three of them are studying computer stuff (they're in their final year of college). The one that's going to nursing school was my closest male friend for many years. He used to be extremely athletic, but apparently he got diagnosed with cancer a while back, so he can't be as active anymore. He was a great guy back then, and he's a bald great guy now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home